Thursday, December 10, 2009

Are You Happy For Me? Please Say Yes:-)?

I was afraid that due to a seriously massive blood transfusion in the seventies... I may have contracted Hepatitis C... and passed it to my youngest Asperger Syndrome son... born six years later.



The implications of a test to find out were so bad for so long... I dare not go to find out... then Anita Roddick came out with her test recently... and sadly... her positive result... having had a transfusion at a similar time to me... long before screening in the UK... way before Hep C and HIV was known.



My ex feared for his job... our mortgage and our life insurances as well... should I pursue the test... so... I didn't.



My son was seriously ill with double pneumonia not long ago and it went to his liver... again... I beat myself up... was it my fault? Had I passed Hep C to him from unsceened blood... it can sit for decades in the system before affecting anyone.



My test results came back neagtive today... I am walking on a cloud... I'm free from guilt at last:-)



Are You Happy For Me? Please Say Yes:-)?opera sheet music



With so good news, what can a star add? But I give you one, just to tell that reading you message made me happy, too. Congratulation, and thank you for sharing your happiness with us.



Are You Happy For Me? Please Say Yes:-)?shows opera theaterNarvy: Thank you for those words... forgive me putting this to the vote... it was so hard to choose the nicest answer... since you are all so kind... thank you and God Bless everyone of you:-) Report It


g1 am happy for u
i am very pleased for you



good luck and take care
Sorry but I don't know... by the way...yes
congratulations!
excellent news!!
CONGRATS!!!! I'm so glad for you and your son! I hope he gets well soon!



I am glad you can finally close that chapter of your life! Happy Beginnings! - maya
Yes I am very happy for you as I was recently in a similar position and heaved a huge sigh of relief when my tests for Hepatitis B and C came back negative - until the results came through it was as if everything was on hold and now I can get on with my life again. Best wishes to you and to your son.
Thats great news and well done for going for the test.



I am friends with an older lady who has just discovered she has contracted hepC from a blood transfusion after the birth of her son 31 years ago.



She is open about it - and quite rightly so!
*****************************



That is fantastic news!



CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!



*****************************



Sounds like you have been through a really tough time- well done chick!
Very, very happy for you. What a burden you've been carrying around.



Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm happy for you JJ :-) LoL
Good for you stay positive and you will have a great stress free life !
I am really happy for you - you must be elated!
Good for you, It's good when something positive like this happens. It's reassuring to know that you have the certainty of being around longer for your son.



x
i am very happy 4 u JJ.worries seem so bad and makes u feel worse but the end result is worth it. good luck to you and your family.
im glad your happy, good for you
Yes, very! Thank goodness it's all over for you!
Congratulations. I hope this encourages other people to get tested if they are worried about anything.
Congrats now enjoy life better without heavy shoulders
tis nt ur fault, though i can see why you would think that! congrats and good luck, oh yeh i am extremely happy for u! :D
Wow. You must be feeling so so relieved. Yes, I am happy for you.
Thats great!!
Im very happy for you. A friend of mine was diagnosised at age 21 (now 38) with Hep C only way she can think of how she got it was through a blood transfusion. I have recently had abnormal liver function test results and am being tested for hepititus. Dont know who I'd get it Ive never done any type of illegal drug and surely wouldnt even consider IV drug us, I dont drink, I never had a blood transfusion that my father can remember(my mom has passed Im sure if I had one she'd have remembered) hell I dont even smoke. My dr re did my tests which is when he mentioned hepititus said I might have auto immune hepititus which means my body is just trying to destroy itself dont know but I hope by friday I am walking on a cloud like you.
I am over the moon for u ... theres no news like good news ...



:)
Of course I'm happy for you - what an awful thing to have had on your mind for so long.



Hep C is an awful condition and it's understandable why you were so worried. People should be more aware of the possibility of Hep C through blood to blood contact and unprotected sex - in many ways its as prevalent as HIV which we are becoming better educated about, but Hep C is a real danger people don't seem to understand very well.



Thank God for the screening that now helps to prevent transfusion leading to infection.



I wish you and your family all the very best for a happy and healthy life.
Congratulations, I am so happy for you. It is wrong that those not as lucky as you are treated as 2nd class citizens.
I am happy for you that you are not having any more a guilty conscious about passing the Hep C to your son in the early ears



Wishing you a good health to your son too
I'm very happy for you.
I cant imagine how happy you must feel. Congratulations on the good news! x
Well done you, really chuffed for you!



As a downer though if the test had been pos. it would no way have been your fault. Luck of the draw that you needed the treatment before science had made it safe!



Also that treatment did save your life!



Anyway, still happy for you, hope your Son is better too



Blessings to you and yours:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter