Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can i make my mom say yes the a hermit crab for me.?

plz help



How can i make my mom say yes the a hermit crab for me.?hollywood theater



Do as much research as you can on them, so you can show her you know enough about them to take good care of them. Hermit crabs require:



-a tank that will hold humidity levels at a minimum of 70% (no wire cages or open-top Critter Keepers)



-a light source



-a variety of ethoxyquin-free hermit crab foods, plus some fresh fruits and vegetables (no citrus), and occasional seafood



-fresh water, treated with AquaSafe



-brackish water (fresh water with Instant Ocean added)



-a good substrate (calci-sand, eco-earth, etc.), deep enough for the largest crab to burrow completely under



-misting bottle



-an assortment of hideaways and climbing things (branches, netting, etc.)



-a MINIMUM of three spare shells per crab, slightly larger than his current shell and sterilized prior to offering to him



-an undertank heater, placed under one end of the tank (so he can choose between the warmer side and the cooler side), which maintains a minimum temperature of 75 degrees



-a second, smaller tank to serve as a "sickbay" or isolation tank (for sick or molting crabs)



Below are some good links for you to check out. I've had hermit crabs for five years; at one time I had over 100 crabs in five tanks!! I currently have 20 crabs; two strawberries, one ruggie, and 17 c.clypeatus (purple pincer, most common).



How can i make my mom say yes the a hermit crab for me.?opera.com opera theater



A. It won't get fleas.



B. It won't scratch up the furniture



C. It won't chew anyone's shoes



D. It won't shed, except for a whole shell every couple years



E. You don't have to get it neutered or vaccinated



F. It won't bark



G. It has no teeth, so it can't bite



H. It won't pee, poop, or puke on the carpet
wow! even my mom let me have a hermit crab. There is very little maintnence. All you have to do is clean the cage every other week and make sure there's always food and water for the little guys. I think they're fun to watch. They actually dont pinch. O ya, always have a couple shells in there for them to molt. U see, im always begging for pets (mostly guineapigs, i really want one) and my parents just say no then ignore me. But one time I did a lot of research and and talked to them seriously and now my mom is seriously considering it because they now know that I am responsible enough to look up info and I truly want one. Just research and talk to you parents seriously about how you want one. Well actually, get about 4. They're very social, and get lonely when they're alone. I hope you get your hermit crabs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter