Saturday, December 5, 2009

Does this qualify as posessive?if you say yes please explain why you see it like that?

Together 13 months and he is amazing, does everything for me and wants to make me the happiest woman in the world but some things have come up that seem a bit odd. First he talks about getting engaged and I told him to me it was to soon to do so and he said he wanted me to have a token so as to make it permanent, next he calls me constant even if i am with friends, when we go places he wants me to leave my cell home so my friends cant call me all the time (ok I see that one) when I am out he always wants to know every detail, he wants to do everything together (even the auto parts store) He is a US MARINE FORCE RECON INTRUCTOR and not self concious or lack of self esteem...but when there is mention of any males around he acts like the alpha male, he does not come accross as rude mean or anything. He tells me there is nothing he would not do for me so i will never want anyone else, but when we argue he thinks he always says dont leave me please there is no life without you! what gives?



Does this qualify as posessive?if you say yes please explain why you see it like that?star theater



Hmm i don't really agree that him wanting you to have a token is possessive. It's just something to materialise your relationship (like what a wedding ring signifies). I think that's why a lot of people get engaged but don't plan to get married any time soon. It's just the next step, to show you how serious he is about you.



I also think him wanting to do everything together isn't possessive, he just loves you and wants to spend as much time as possible with you. IF when you want to do stuff with other people, and he won't let you or tries to deter you, then that's possessive.



He does sound slightly possessive though. When you say he calls you constantly, how often do you mean? Also wanting to know every minute detail of your outing isn't completely normal.



I think he's just trying to prevent another guy coming onto the scene.. and the sooner he knows about it, the sooner he'll try to get rid of them.



All in all, i think he's obsessive.. not possessive lol (he just likes you a loooooot)



Does this qualify as posessive?if you say yes please explain why you see it like that?extension opera theater



Sounds extremely possessive to me. Sounds like he wants to own you, which is why he wants to give you a "token" to make your relationship "permanent." WTF?



He should have nothing to say about what you do with your time or who you spend it with, when he's not there. (I can understand not wanting your dates interrupted by a bunch of cell phone calls, but beyond that, he's out of line.)
I don't see it as possessive, per se; I see it as potentially dangerous.



You told him it was too soon to get engaged. He counters with wanting you to have "a token" so as to make it permanent.



Basically you say not yet and he goes ahead anyway to show the world you're his.



He can call YOU constantly when you're with friends but YOU must leave your phone home when with him so YOUR FRIENDS cannot contact YOU? Did I read that right?



If I did, then it's "I'm with you even when I'm not, but when you're with me, you're with me only." That's the beginning of isolating you from everyone except him.



Be careful because I'm not saying it's certain, but signs like this are usually the foreshadowing of the sort of guy who'll smack you around.



Editing to add: A responsible boyfriend would encourage you to have your cell with you at all times, especially when out with friends. What if your car got a flat tire after leaving your friends and you were alone? How would you call for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter